• Access to Special Education Program Specialists
• Professional Learning
• Special Education Program Insight & Design
• Facilitation of the IEP (Individual Education Plan)
• Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
• Resource Development
• Curriculum Problem Solving Assistance
• Access to Local Listing of Certified Non-Public Agencies & Non-Public Schools
• Networking and Resource Sharing with Other Charters Across the State
The Charter SELPA provides much more than special education funding. Schools that are looking to improve current practices or train incoming educators may take advantage of more than 100 professional learning opportunities offered.
The Charter SELPA offers a variety of training opportunities on various platforms.
Regional trainings are offered throughout the state and may be attended by anyone who is interested. Schools that are part of the Charter SELPA may request site-based trainings.
Site-based trainings are tailored to the needs of a specific school site and attended by participants of the school’s choosing.
Webinars are live, online trainings given by a SELPA program specialist. Anyone may register for our webinars.
The Charter SELPA hosts a number of academies to benefit all educators and administrators.
The Leadership Academy is a week-long, in-depth training focusing on critical skill development for successful administration of special education programs and staff.
The Teacher Academy is a two-day institute incorporating research-based content and activities that will deepen participant knowledge and enhance their educational practices leading to improved outcomes for students with disabilities.
The Paraeducator Academy is a brand new training designed to provide tools and resources to equip paraeducators in supporting students toward positive student outcomes.